Thursday, March 12, 2009

USPS

I went to the post office yesterday to mail someting. It was somewhat urgent and I was hoping to get it to the recipient by the next day. Two days wouldn't have killed me, but one day was ideal.


When I walked in there was no line...this in and of itself is a miracle. I walked right up to the counter and asked about and appropriate envelope for a next day delivery. I was shown to the envelope display and given the full history of envelopes and the United States postal service. Once I turned around, enveloped and was ready to mail...the line was huge. I had no other choice but to wait.


Finally getting to the counter, I let the lady know where and when I needed to mail my envelope. Here's how the conversation went...

Postal Lady - (Looking down at her screen)- "we can have it there tomorrow for $19.67"
Brice (Waiting)
Postal Lady - "...or you cold send it Priority for $8.53."
Brice - "when will that get there?"
Postal Lady - "tomorrow"
Brice (waiting and thinking why would I pay $19.67!?)
Postal Lady -"...or you could send it first class for $1.42."
Brice - "when will that get there?"
Postal Lady - "tomorrow."

At this point I noticed that my mouth was wide open in awe, I shook my head in disbelief and told her I wanted to pay $1.42.

...are you kidding me?

No comments:

Post a Comment